Saturday, January 31, 2009

CRAAAAPPPPPP!

Angie and I took the Ski-Doo out for a ride tonight. We wanted to explore over by lake Monomonac. On the way in we had to ride around one water hole. On the way back for some reason I decided we could cross the waterhole rather than go around.
WRONG!
The ice around the edge is severly undercut so the skis caught and we came to a DEAD stop immediately. Angie bailed out and filled her boots with water...
Crap.
I had Angie try backing up while I pulled (yay reverse) but the skis got caught under the ice going backwards. So we went in the woods and collected sticks to make a ramp out of the water. Now for some reason the sled won't go forward, I don't know if its stuck in reverse again or if its just stuck...

So, can't go forward, can't go back... Of course I forgot my camera. We called Angie's parents and walked out. Fortunately we were right by the grocery store so we waited for them there.

My plan tomorrow is to take my Cub Cadet tractor and the Wankle Panther, the sleigh and ramp boards. I'll wedge the ramp boards under the skis, hook the tow strap on the skis and pull... I think I'll buy a come-along. I'm not sure the Cub Cadet can pull the Ski-Doo out by itself but if we wedged it into place with some firewood behind the wheels a come-along will pull pretty hard....

No comments: