Sunday, February 1, 2009

So lets say

Lets say you sank your Ski-Doo in a brook (see my post from yesterday)


and you bring your Cub Cadet tractor to pull it out and find yourself in this situation:


Probably means you're having a tough day huh?


Not so bad for us, we'd brought ramps and plenty of muscle, we were soon back on track.


I put a strap on the worst stuck ski while Bryan put ramps underneath.


I got the sled fired up while Bryan chipped some ice away. I was pleased that the Doo started easy.


I put Bryan on the Cub Cadet and got on the Doo, Angie took pictures. The plan was that if the Cub couldn't pull enough she'd hop on with Bryan to give added weight and therefore traction.


It turns out we didn't have to worry, after some mad scrabbling and sliding the sled came out with very little drama...


In fact the big drama was at the end as we couldn't get the Cub Cadet to climb the hill back up to the road. As the front tires started up the hill the rears wanted to dig for China. We strapped the wankle Panther to the front and I held it wide open and managed to drag the Cub up and out. I always knew that 303 rotary had some torque and towing power and I was very pleased with its effort on this.

Anyway big thanks to Bryan for his help and his most excellent camera, the pictures shown here are small percentages of the quality available in the originals. There are loads more pics too, at some point I'll make a video...

-Curt

No comments: