Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another winter?

So here it is the first of December...
Sheesh I don't feel like a Dead Sled Wrencher right now... Its cool today but above freezing. The slight skim of ice I was seeing on the edges of ponds is already gone. Rain is in the forecast.

*sigh* It ain't easy being a snowmobiler.

Still I plan to get some sleds running soon, maybe Sunday. I'm buying a parts car for my daily driver and I'll need to move the Grand Touring from its summer slumber. Saturday I'll stick the battery charger on it and see whats what.
I've committed to buying Ed's Pantera. Thats going to be the first sled I keep in the garage over the summertime, its in real good shape now and I want to keep it that way. I'd also like to make it the first vintage sled I register to ride on the trails. I need to check in with Randy to see whats needed to do that. We figure to register that and the Grand Touring in MA this year since Eddie and Carol had such a great time riding in Lake Dennison last winter.

I also need to rebuild my dogsled. Angie crashed one of the skis into the tractor last winter breaking the tip off. I've never been real happy with that sled, it was too wide which ment you couldn't ride on the back of it and it didn't ride in the tracks behind the snowmobile. I've got plans (in my head) for the Mark II which will include iron brackets too lift the body of the sled off the skis (arched for better clearance) and a simpler base design combined with better side panels to keep wood from falling out.

Just need time to build it.

No comments: