Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tigre to the shop and more sparkplug ranting

Well the Tigre is in the shop. I've got to go to Toronto tomorrow so I'll have no time to work on it and the NHSMA show is Sunday (a week from today). I think its probably got a bad coil. If it sits it'll have spark for 15-20 pulls and then spark goes away for 2-3 minutes. Could be a bad CDI, Randy has spares of both. I told him when he figures out what it is order a new one.

3 out of 4 for the show won't be bad...

It snowed last night so I fired up the Cub Cadet to plow the driveway, it appears that my cleaned spark plugs carbon back up faster than new ones, it started pretty hard. No big surprise I guess. I could also maybe use a wire brush on the bench grinder to get it cleaner. I think I'd want a brass brush for that so it doesn't scratch up the plug too bad. I also think its about time to rebuild the carb on the Cub Cadet, its probably running a bit rich (which I haven't been able to adjust out) which would make it carbon up. I could also try NGK plugs instead of Champion.

-Curt

No comments: