Saturday, February 23, 2008

TX-L rescue

Headed to Wheels in Motion today, Allen and his little boy Alex came out to help. Randy loaned us a Yamaha 600 2up. Fortunately my Tigre seems to be running fine so we headed back into the woods and strapped onto the TX-L. The Yamaha doesn't have many picks so it was touch and go but Allen is a good rider and he really romped on it. We forgot to take the belt off so he dragged the TX-L sideways the down the trail.

One thing I hadn't considered was getting into the parking lot since they'd plowed and the banks were ten feet tall. I showed what happens when you don't carry enough momentum into a bank like that.
Fortunately the Tigre is light... I made it on the second try, got quite a bit of air for my trouble. Going back I took air again and managed to fall clean off the sled, good times. We went back and forth a few times to make a good hole because we both knew this was a one time shot. Allen really romped it hard and both sleds got through with no big issue although the Yamaha got totally stuck on the ice in the parking lot...

I got my truck and hauled the TX-L back to the shop, new plugs got it going right away, weird... I rode it around the shop a couple times and then headed back out. I didn't get too far before it died again. Then it died 3 times on the way back. I did get all the way back though which I considered a victory.
Joe blamed water in the gas for all this which makes alot of sense. Randy sells "Sta Dri Fuel Dryer" which is basically a plastic tube with a bag in it. The bag pulls water out of the gas. I bought one and stuck it in the tank. Will it work? We'll find out. Joe says it only really needs a few hours. I'll let it sit overnight and see what happens.

Tomorrow we might be riding with some other folks so heres crossing my fingers...

-Curt

No comments: