Friday, February 29, 2008

Wow, late season snow!

March is really late into our riding season, usually I figure President's day to be about the end of it. However the weather guessers are saying 4-8" tonight and 3-5" tomorrow.
My problem so far has been that when I want to go riding the temp usually spikes into the 40s or 50s. Above about freezing I get nervous about riding the Tigre with its freeair motor. The TX-L I don't worry about since I can always pack snow onto the running boards and its got coolers mounted underneith.

Am I just being a scaredy cat? Anybody got big experience riding a freeair Tigre at 35-40F? I'd sure like to hear about it.
Never the less our predicted high temp for Sunday is 32F and Angie is away at a conference. I'm going to see if I can get the Tigre up the infamous "Kmart Hill" in Leominster.
Hopefully I'll have pics for you Monday.

-Curt

1 comment:

junkyarddog said...

Hey curt its Randys buddy Dave the woodburningchainsawnut!!! what a great winter, finally got the wifey to go sleding with me,she loves it ,shes addicted(ALMOST AS BAD AS ME) yeah right!!!but seriously weve been tearing up the south ashburnham sled trails having lots of fun,trailside picnics with campfires what a great family hobby.We should get together someday and sledding trails in my area are pretty good.Shes been running the 76 jag and I my trusty 80 pantera they are running great (I LOVE CATS)!! peace sled brother!!!!!!!