Monday, March 3, 2008

What a weekend!

Okay busy weekend, no Kmart hill but I did ride and I've got some pictures (none from the trail though).
“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

So today my knee is the size of a grapefruit and hurts like the dickins... How did it get this way you might ask? Well after fixing the kill and heated handlebars switches on the Tigre (yay!) and reviving the Ski-Doo (yay, yay!) and using the Ski-Doo to haul wood (whoopie!) I realized that this might be my last day for snowmobiling this season. So since the Ski-Doo was running well I decided it was the machine, the TX-L could wait in limbo awhile longer.
We set off the sled was running great, I made a couple speed tests and got to ~25mph which is FAST on that sled... Then I hit an off-camber section and found out that the strap I'd put on the seat had come off, so the seat fell off the sled, and so did I! I must have twisted my knee some in that fall, but did it deter me? Not a bit of it.
I rode up into New Hampshire and over to Rindge, I haven't checked the GPS yet but I probably went 5 miles out which is a big deal when you average ~8mph. In fact I fell off twice more, there are sections where the trail goes from nice and flat to very lumpy and I was slow to stand up instead of kneel. Needless to say I'm going to weld some good seat hold downs on soon. Reproduction hold downs are available and should be better than the junky things I made and bolted in.

Finally I ran out of gas. Doing so sucked up some crap from the bottom of the tank and now the sled won't run. I recovered it with the Tigre which went pretty easily, I've got some pics. Guess I need to flush the tank again, hopefully it'll go easier now than it did last time...

More pics tonight.

-Curt

No comments: