Monday, March 10, 2008

The squeeze....

So Sunday I drained the tank on the old Ski-Doo. What came out didn't look too bad but its hard to really tell while its draining past you. I put the plug back in and added a gallon of vinegar, I'll leave that this week, if the weather is nice Saturday I'll drain it and rinse good with water, dry it good and with a new fuel filter we should be ready to go again once I clean the carb back out. I should stop by Randy's this week and see if he's got welch plugs in stock. I don't need a full kit but as I'm reasonably sure the jets will be plugged I will need welch plugs...
Here's the disassembled squeeze bulb primer that was giving me trouble.
The tan things are the check valves. Its a bit hard to tell in the picture but they're quite clever little devices, theres a little cup inside tube thats crimped to keep the cup from falling out. Blow on the cup and it presses up against the hole behind it. I can't get them to stay in the input and output bits anymore and I don't dare use glue... I'll just buy a new primer if I need one.

On a side note Mitch says its wankle since its inventor's name was Felix Wankle. Silly me of course it is...

No comments: