Monday, March 24, 2008

Well

As you might guess I didn't go on the ride... Angie and I are going to Las Vegas in a couple weeks so we went to Keene to go shopping and get new clothes for the trip. I didn't even work on sleds hardly at all that weekend.
I did manage to figure out what shut down the old Ski-Doo, its a bit hard to see but that filter is just totally plugged. I hadn't replaced it since I'd sealed the tank on the sled and that was almost 6 years ago. I filled the tank with vinegar and left it for a week and what I found is not so good. The sealer must have been thin in some spots and it looks like the rust has come through. I think it may even be coming from outside. I'm not sure what I want to do. I bought some more sealer to do my camp stove with and there was lots left over. The tank is clean and dry now so I'm thinking I may put an ounce or two of the sealer in and see if it'll stick. It says it need an acid presence, the vinegar was and acid, so maybe...

-Curt

No comments: