Thursday, January 10, 2008

Plans plans plans

All week I make weekend plans so on the weekend I can run around like a madman trying to get stuff done. Fortunately last week I got to scratch putting away my wife's motorcycle from the list. That only took an extra month...

Years ago Eddie and I went out to NY to pick up an old Nordic he'd bought. I don't remember what year it was, '73 maybe? Big brown beast of a machine that came all in bits. The 640cc engine was an absolute monster that took both of us to lift into the back of Eddie's truck. Somebody had tried to replace the points in it and had gotten so far as pulling the points out and throwing them away... Eddie and I didn't at that point have the skills to get the thing going again. I'd like to find another sled like that now, I think Eddie paid $100 and other than the engine being a basket case the sled was mint.
I'd try to find a newer 500cc f/c motor to put in, that old 640cc was a beast but relatively low horsepower for its size...

No comments: