Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Grrr

52 degrees when I got up this morning, rain too, the snow won't last long at this rate. Its times like this I get angry with myself for not riding as much as I could have. If only I'd registered my sled for NH I could have ridden a ton more miles by now. If wishes were snow we'd have a hundred feet...
The good thing about the warm weather is I should be able to get into the garage this weekend and get the pipe welded up for the Wankle Panther. That sled is so cool its a drag I haven't been able to hardly ride it at all in the 3 or 4 years I've owned it. With any luck I'll be able to get it going Saturday.
Then my attention will turn to the '86 Panther with no spark. Is the CDI really bad or did I troubleshoot it poorly? I wish I had a good wiring diagram for it that showed the wire color. I also wish there were troubleshooting steps for the CDI. Most places say that if you don't know how to troubleshoot it take it to somebody who does. Well gee thanks...
I need to go back to basics, now that I've got some idea how the thing works I'll put my meter on the power coming into the CDI and see whats what...

No comments: