Friday, January 18, 2008

One thing leads to another...

Okay, note to self. When cleaning plugs use a metal brush dummy...
So that got me looking at spark plug sandblasters, Harbor Freight has one for $17 that appears to be exactly the same unit everybody else has. So I want one. Randy at the snowmobile shop has a compressor. Oh wait, I want a compressor too, Big Lots has a little one for $70, seems reasonable. However Harbor Freight has a big ass 23gal 3hp unit for $150. Okay it comes with zero accessories and its a Harbor Freight compressor so its obviously not the highest quality. That said a couple people on an email list I belong to have them and say they're pretty good. I got $200 for Christmas so there we go.
So wait, if I get a big ass compressor I ought to get some air tools while I'm at it since that thing will cost some $$ to ship... So lessee, die grinder, tire inflator, connectors, hose. Well theres my $200 gone without any shipping. Wow.

Gotta talk this one over with the wife, if I just go and buy it I'll catch hell... Still it'd be nice to have significant air to air up tires and whatnot. The ability to run an impact wrench would be great, not to mention the die grinder, sanders, polishers, paint guns, maybe a small sandblaster.....

No comments: