Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Tigre is down yo.

So I cleaned the carbs on the Tigre, they were nasty dirty outside not bad at all inside. Now it doesn't start at all. It'll pop sometimes and run for a second but never stay running. Word on the street is thats bad crank seals... I don't have the proper clutch puller or time for this. The NH show is in 1 1/2 week. That'd give me 1 1/2 day (Saturday and a half day Sunday before the Super Bowl) to get it fixed. The TX-L is exhibiting some of the same symptoms, I'd say its a safe bet its got the same issue.
The thing that bothers me is that the plugs are always black, or at least the B8ES were before I swapped 'em. That doesn't say sucking air and leaning out to me. When the TX-L was having trouble before we tested for crank seals and didn't find 'em bad. Of course spraying carb cleaner is not an absolute test but its a pretty decent one, at least for the PTO side.
I'll stop by Randy's tonight to get a carb kit for the Ski-Doo and see what he thinks.

No comments: